Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

CORC 3109 - Poetry Presentation

Two poems below are from my presentation in my CORC 3109 -The Mythic Self class.

Cadmus’s Suffering

Please remove the horror I see before me,
Standing proud in front of me is she,
A head cradled in between her arms,
The face now devoid of all past charm,
She runs around boasting about a lion,
Holding my grandson’s head towards me I am now enlightened.

The Bacchus is responsible for such a sight,
My hands are shaking with fright,
She continues to brag about her act,
If she finds out how will she react?

Lord Bromius has completed his rage,
To which I have no chance to assuage,
His anger is completely just,
But Lord this is too much!

The people of Thebes are turning away in disgust,
I hold my hands in a strong clutch,
Sorrow upon me I must break the spell,
By bringing forth details that I retell.

Released from her hold she now knows,
There is nothing left to impose,
He arrives majestically from above,
I beg and plead for love.

But the great one gives me none,
So now my daughters and I are shunned,
However there’s no end to my sorrow,
As I fear for tomorrow.

I soon will lead a band of savages,
Up the rivers and Greek passages,
No rest for the weary.



Pentheus’s Hubris (Inspiration from Game of Thrones)

Who are you the proud king said,
that I must blow so low?
Only a playboy of well toned build,
that’s all the truth I see.
A wreath of vines, a long fennel-stalk,
A prophet of the mad,
And I will drive these apostates out,
With sharpened swords and spears.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
The arrogant King of Thebes.
But now winds blow through his home,
With no one left over there,
Yes now winds blow through his home,
With not a soul there.

No comments:

Post a Comment