Search This Blog

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Learning the Adobe Illustrator Part 6

There was a logo design contest for the Brooklyn College Peer Mentoring program. Unfortunately I was unable to attend that Tuesday because the session is at the same time as my organic chemistry recitation. Thus to make up for my absence, I submitted an Adobe Illustrator designed logo visible below. 

The basic plan was to have a mentor helping a mentee and to incorporate the words "Peer Mentor" through some sort of calligraphy. 


*I have already submitted the design to the Brooklyn College Peer Mentor Program. I hereby grant the program the rights to the image including the ability to set trademarks and copyrights. The image visible above is for blog and should not be used without attributing credit.

I used the "P" and "M" from the Peer Mentor as representative of people by attaching a circle to indicate a head. The stairs below were filled with inspirational words connected to the results of peer mentoring. Adding a filled curve to the "P" made it look like the person at the top of the stairs was extending an arm to the "M."

The biggest issue that I have with the image is that the side extensions of the "M" make it look like the lower person is trying to run away from the top person. I plan to rectify this problem by flipping the "M"across the y-axis.

No comments:

Post a Comment