Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2019

December Updates

Apologies for the lack of updates recently. I signed up for the Fall EMT course @ CUNY La Guardia Community College. That has kept me busy from August to December.

The course is somewhat challenging owing to its structure as well as its fast pace. The course is composed of a lecture and a "lab" portion. Well instead of a lab, it is more like a "skills" portion where you get to apply lecture knowledge to physical assessments.

As per usual recently, I am always a few lectures behind the material. I just cannot complete the readings fast enough. As a result, I have gone back to reading up on how to study for "medical school" in an effort to learn about "high yield" studying. So far the advice has been to "skim" the presentations ahead of time, outline the presentation a 2nd time after lecture, and compile a question/card bank a 3rd time of all the important facts.

Unfortunately for me, the end of the course is already near. With the final exam on 12/9/2019. So much for study improvements...

For now, I will be posting the chapter outlines I have thus far. If other possible material presents itself, I will post those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment